Monday, October 17, 2011

A Note Sent to My Church

Hello Life Centre Family,
I wanted to send a note to let my church family know that I’ve been given the opportunity to share during the Sunday morning worship service at The Life Centre on Oct 23rd about my ministry opportunity. 
I haven’t been able to personally connect with everyone in the church but I would like to give all of you an opportunity to hear what my future ministry will be. I’ll be serving in Japan with SEND International, a nondenominational Evangelical mission organization. Once I have completed my language studies, I hope to be assigned to serve the Japanese church through camp ministry at Okutama Bible Chalet, thus giving the Japanese people an opportunity to know Christ outside of their everyday lives. 
If you would like to know more about my future ministry with SEND, please go to http://karl-in-japan.blogspot.com/ where I post my updates and partner development information. 
After the service on Oct 23rd, I plan to serve lunch as a fundraiser which will go towards my outgoing costs. Please come even if you aren’t able to leave a donation and enjoy some of my favorite Japanese flavors. There will be no seaweed or raw fish since these are not my favorites. For dessert I’ll be serving pumpkin pie which I learned to make in Japan and some of my favorite Japanese flavored homemade ice cream.
Thank you.  I look forward to sharing with you, 
Karl Friesen


All are welcome to come church starts at 10:30 and lunch will start at about 12:00

No comments:

Post a Comment