Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Karl in Japan Jan 2011 Update

Different Doors
In my last letter I shared that there was a possibility of speaking at two churches in the new year. Since writing that update both of those doors have closed at this time. Although this was disappointing to me; I believe God is starting to move in my home church. I am praying these doors will open in the next few months and I’ll be invited to share with the congregation of my church of my passion to reach the next generation for Japan for Christ.

I’m finding that most churches in the Fraser Valley only allow individuals from within their congregation to share of their ministry opportunities. I was quite encouraged when I was invited to speak at my parent’s pastorate (home group). So it seems that small groups is who I should be targeting and connecting with. If you participate in a small group, would you consider asking your group leader if and when I might be able share with yours?

2%!!!
This last month, a friend contacted me and asked where my monthly financial support was at. After some discussion he responded that he and his wife would be supporting me monthly. Thank you Friend; my support just went from 21% to 23%. This was very encouraging to me.

What’s Next?
Before I go to Japan as a SEND missionary, I must attend their Member Orientation Program (MOP) once I reach 50% monthly support. This program only runs once a year now; the next one will be held this summer. I am hoping to be in Japan within a year, so right now I need another 27% monthly support to attend the next MOP. Thank you for prayerfully considering how you might partner with me financially.

Thank you!
Karl Friesen

PS.  I realize there are many very worthy mission organizations. I thank God for each one of you that has chosen to partner with me and support me financially. Please continue to pray that others will respond to God’s call to partner with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment