Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Karl in Japan May 2011 Update

“I will build you up again and you will rebuild, O Virgin Israel. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out and dance with the joyful.” Jer. 31:4

I was reading Jeremiah 31 during a prayer meeting for Japan; the passage was very encouraging to me and is my prayer for Japan. It’s all about the suffering of Israel in captivity and the destruction of their homes but it’s also about the care God has for His people and the joy they’ll have in Him through their restoration. I can see the hope that we can have and pray that the Japanese will be able to see this Truth through the witness of the believers around them.

NEWS FROM JAPAN
Recently, Bernhard Triebel, SEND Japan Director, got this report from some Japanese friends about Ishinomaki Christ Church;


“Easter was the first Sunday the church was able to hold a worship service after the earthquake. This is a small church of 5 or 6 members pastored by Ito Sensei who also is the pastor of a church in Sendai. At this Easter Sunday Service 30 new people showed up 45 minutes before the service started. The church was full and the pastor started to talk to the people. Others came later and complained because they thought the service had already started and wanted to hear the pastor from the beginning. Needless to say, there were not enough bulletins to go around, but the new people wanted one because of the Bible verses written in it. So after the worship service they took time to copy the verses by hand. The new people wanted tracts and Bibles too.”


“I heard another story that 13 new people came to a church in Iwaki two weeks ago. I am sure this is happening in other places as well. God is at work in the affected areas in Japan and using even small churches to reach out to people who are hungry for the message of Hope.”


You can read more reports, like this one, on Japan and the earthquake on SEND’s web site at www.send.org/japan-earthquake-recovery.

ENCOURAGEMENT
It’s very encouraging to reflect on where I have come in the last year and a half since starting my partnership development with SEND International. I see God moving the hearts of His people, to support me in prayer and finances. I look forward to how He is going to provide the rest of the finances.


Since my last note I have been able to share about my opportunity in Japan with two churches. I am so grateful for these opportunities and have seen how God has been involved in my connecting with others.


Also, it’s been very encouraging to know that people are investing in His ministry which will enable me to get to Japan; I want to get to the field to begin ministry as His witness. One of my supporters had a conversation with a friend of mine; they wanted to give more than


they had already committed to support and felt in their heart that if they didn’t give more then I wouldn’t be able to go serve in Japan. Please pray that God would continue to stir the hearts of individuals and churches to partner with me in Japan.

VISIT TO JAPAN
 In June I plan on going back to Japan for a 3 week visit; it’s hard to believe it has been three and a half years since I was there last. While this is a personal trip to visit friends in Tokyo and in northern Japan, I also plan to connect with SEND Japan. As I prepare to serve long-term in Japan, it will be good for me to get to know those who are already working in this country and gain a little understanding of the ministries in which SEND is involved. Please pray for safety in traveling and a good time connecting with many people.

Your brother in Christ,

Karl Friesen

CONTACT INFORMATION
SEND International - Canada
#1-22423 Jefferies Road
RR #5, Komoka, ONT
N0L 1R0
http://www.sendcanada.org/
1-888-918-5036

Home
2946 Cardinal Place
Abbotsford, BC
V2T 5P6
karlinjapan@hotmail.com
604-852-8877

No comments:

Post a Comment