Saturday, June 15, 2013

I am in Japan


I've made it to Japan. I arrived on May 27th since then I've gone through a day of orientation, moved out to Okutama Bible Chalet (OBC) and have found an apartment and moved in. Getting all of my paperwork in order has gone very smoothly. In the last few days I've registered my address with the city office, opened a bank account and now have a cell phone. All I really need to do now is transfer my driver’s license.
Monday, June 17th, will be the start of Joy Bible Camp our ministry to English speaking children.  Our theme this year is Treasured from beginning of Isaiah 43:40; "Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you." Please pray for safety as we have fun and share the love of Jesus.
I've had the opportunity for the last two weeks to attend Ozaku Christ Church. It has been a privilege to be a part of this Christian community. I'll be involved attending there and participating as much as possible when it doesn't contradict with my obligations at OBC.


Your Brother in Christ,
Karl Friesen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karl!
    We need more updates!
    How is Japan treating you? Did you get a motorbike yet?
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete